Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club knows that the fastest way to travel is by plane. The only problem with flying is the amount of time that you spend on the ground instead of in the air getting to your destination. When you fly, you have to get to the airport early, wait for a connecting flight, and spend time getting through airport security. It often means that flying to your destination is an all-day venture.
If you want to make the down time you experience while traveling enjoyable, make a few plans ahead of time as suggested by Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club.
- If you have an electronic device to pass the time, make sure that it is charged. When you are in the airport, try to find a plug for your electronic device to keep it charged for the longest possible time. This way, it will last longer on the plane where there are no outlets.
- Bring your own books or magazines. The airport does sell these things, but if you bring them ahead of time, you will save some money.
- Get something that keeps your hands busy. Reading and other hobbies that involve your hands are a great distraction. You can spend hours doing something like this without realizing it, and it’s a great way to pass the time.
- Tour the airport. Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club suggests taking a walk around the airport to see what they offer. However, it is important to make sure that you return to your gate in time to board the plane.
- Take a nap. If you have a small pillow, find a comfortable seat and relax.